Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Job Thoughts

After I spoke they did not speak again, and my word dropped upon them.  Job 29:22

Job is talking about how he used to be treated.  People respected him, and once he was done talking they didn't argue or add anything.  This just flew out at me, because I have the tendency to want to talk last.  Or at least I think I do.  It certainly isn't necessary or useful at times.

In another section, my commentary quoted St Catherine of Sienna:
You, Eternal Trinity, are like a deep ocean; the more I seek, the more I find, and the more I find, the more I spurred on to seek you.  You satisfy the soul in a way that leaves the soul insatiable; it always feels hunger and an appetite for more - desiring ever more greatly that your light would reveal to us the light that is yourself.

I liked that quite a bit.  :)


I did get a dog yesterday.  He is camera shy so no good photos yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment