- But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices which they had prepared.
- And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,
- but when they went in they did not find the body.
- While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel;
- and as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead?
- Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee,
- that the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and on the third day rise."
- And they remembered his words,
- and returning from the tomb they told all this to the eleven and to all the rest.
- Now it was Mary Magdalene and Jo-anna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told this to the apostles;
- but these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them.
Luk 24:25-26 And he said to them, "O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?"
Today let us not be foolish and slow of heart to believe, but thankful to God for our salvation though His Son.
Readings for Easter are here.