Thursday, April 15, 2010

Psalm 27

Last year I memorized Psalm 27.  It was not an easy thing as I've never memorized Scripture before.  No idea why I went for a whole Psalm instead of a single verse or two, but hey, I'm odd like that.  My favorite parts, and the reason I picked it, is the first and last verse.

Psa 27:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 

Psa 27:14  Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD!

To be honest, I don't remember much of the rest of it.  But those two verses are still in my mind, playing the role of post it note occasionally.  We have nothing to fear, so we can take courage and wait for our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment