Thursday, May 6, 2010

seek it like silver

It has been an exciting few days!  I went to a conference last weekend, as mentioned, and then found out a very good friend had a baby.  So I had to go visit him!  He is beautiful and perfect and just wonderful.

God must have us women hardwired to like babies.  She told me some of the excitement involved in getting a baby from the inside to the outside and every logical part of my brain was thinking it sounded like the most ridiculous thing ever.  I would never, ever, ever want to do that.  How terrible!  But yet even louder was this little voice - "Babies are cool.  I want one someday..."

I'm still on Proverbs and Wisdom.  There is so much to cover (and I'm only on Chapter 2)! 

Pro 2:1-5  My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

That bolded part in the middle had never jumped out to me before.  Seek it like silver!  Imagine if we sought after wisdom like we seek after worldly treasures.  Well, we don't really have to imagine, it tells us what will happen pretty clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment