Thursday, May 20, 2010

Unsettled

I've been feeling rather unsettled lately.  Nothing terrible - just a faint hint of anxiety that follows me around.  I have been trying to determine the cause, with limited success.  I do have quite a bit going on, but no single event brings me too much anxiety.  I actually have less going on in some ways than I did a month ago.  So I don't think it is workload.

Then I began to wonder if it is how I am prioritizing my workload.  I don't really have a plan for it.  I have things I do on different days, but no schedule for the time I am not busy.  So I've started looking into what God might have to say about a schedule.  I found the following links helpful:

Are You Too Busy for God?

Admitting that I can't do it all...or even half of it

Unfortunately, none gave me really specific, hard and fast rules to follow.  I am certain though that this is part of the problem after reading the first link, as he quotes from Haggai about the effect of being too busy for God:

Hag 1:6  You have sown much, and harvested little; you eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill; you clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; and he who earns wages earns wages to put them into a bag with holes. 

Well, not exactly, but that would produce the same anxiety.

Is anxiety a problem?  Yes.  We are told not to be anxious.

If anyone has any good Godly scheduling suggestions, please let me know.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment