Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to Psalm 7

I've already talked about Psalm 7 here.  Or rather, that's where I would have talked about it.  Quite frankly, it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Psa 7:3  O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
Psa 7:4  If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
Psa 7:5  Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.


If there is iniquity in my hands?  IF?


Psa 7:8  The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me. 

I would really think we'll all be better off if God does not judge us according to our righteousness, because without Jesus, we don't have any.  So this Psalm seems a bit uncomfortable to me to pray, as I get to those parts and am like "Uh, please don't do this."  Though it does make me very thankful for Jesus!

This is kind of like praying the Our Father:


and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us

We're asking God to forgive us in the same manner and degree we forgive others.  You know, we're not so good with forgiveness...

No comments:

Post a Comment