Friday, August 6, 2010

Simple

Pro 1:20  Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
Pro 1:21  She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
Pro 1:22  How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? 


Wisdom is apparently not hard to locate.  In the visual, she's in the streets, in the concourse, the gates, and all over the city.  Available to all.  And she'd like to know when we're going to stop ignoring her.

I had never noticed the third bit there about loving life without wisdom until I started writing out the verses as earlier mentioned.  It really spoke to me because I used to be more than content to get my idea of wisdom from such laudable places as Cosmo and MTV.  Or we think we can gain wisdom from our education system, but we know they also hate God.  So all these sources of "wisdom" are around us and we're happy with it. 





Pro 1:23  Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24  Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25  But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27  When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28  Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30  They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31  Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Pro 1:32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Pro 1:33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. 


If we turn away from God and His wisdom then we get what we think we want.  He is not going to stop us.

Rom 1:20  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
Rom 1:21  For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22  Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23  and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
Rom 1:24  Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
Rom 1:25  For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment