Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday

Hello and Happy Friday again!  It is yet another installment of 7 Quick Takes Friday, hosted by Jennifer at Conversion Diary.  For my readers, click the link to go there to read her 7 Quick Takes and read some of the other blogs linked.  If you are visiting from there, hello and welcome!

1.  This week, I had the opportunity to work from home a few days as they are remodeling my office.  Sometimes I get to do this, but this was for a few days.  I really enjoyed it and need to find some way to make money without working so I can do it more often! And no, it isn't that they don't need me there.  I am an engineer and play with spreadsheets mostly, so I can do that from anywhere.  They like having me around in person though for questions and just to keep in the loop.  I am also the only one in the building who can fix their computers if the tech guy isn't visiting.

 2.  The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception was on Wednesday.  Somehow I nearly managed to forget it, even though I had plans on which Mass to attend.  I think it was because I was up early for work, but oh well.  I attended the Latin Mass that evening, and it was wonderful.  I think I've discovered a love of pretty vestments, and the priest's were very nice indeed.  I'd also always kind of thought of the Latin Mass community as somewhat, well, stuffy.  But there were several people there who had never attended a Latin Mass, and I watched from the back as these "stuffy" people shared their missals and quietly explained what was going on to the new people and encouraged them.  I felt bad for the new people I was sitting next to, as all I could offer was information such as "We're on page 7."

3.  I had a 7 month old give me a nosebleed this week.  After I'd given him a gift!


4.  If you haven't seen it yet, this rates fairly high on the awesome meter, especially if you know the original song.



5.  I think my brain is revolting against the overabundance of Christmas music.  For the past four days, I've had Tik Tok, Just Dance, and Dynamite stuck in my head.  What's worse, I don't know all the words (well, that may be a good thing, really), so the chorus just plays over and over again in my head.  At least they are catchy and upbeat.

6.  Last week I found out I'm low on Vitamin D.  This is not particularly concerning to me, as it is apparently fairly easy to fix and my doctor hooked me up on the same day with a super high does for three months.  What is interesting is all the information on the web about it.  I don't think they have any idea how much we're supposed to have each day, the best of the various ways to get it, what the blood test should show, or even all the things that it does.  All do agree I am low on it, so I don't mind, but I think this is further evidence that "they" should not actually be in charge of everything.

7.  "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."  That's the 4th Amendment, and now you can get it on a t-shirt to wear so the TSA agents can know what you think about their searching of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment