Monday, December 27, 2010

Philippians

Advent and Christmas are done, and I am back at home, and able to blog!  When we last left Paul and his letter to the Philippians, he was encouraging them to follow Christ in their behavior and to strive for holiness.  Moving into chapter 4, we are heading toward the end of the letter.


Php 4:1  Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
Php 4:2  I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
Php 4:3  And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.


He is now asking two people to agree and not be contentious with each other about things of the Lord, and asking the community to help the two women in their problem.  Must be a pretty big argument that a guy in prison in a completely different town has thought it wise to include it in a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment