Friday, February 4, 2011

Exodus

We also get the Tabernacle in Exodus! I found it helpful to google some pictures.  There's a Wikipedia article here

Now it, the Ark, and all the items in and around the tent are described in detail twice in Exodus.  Once, when God is telling Moses how to build it all.  The second time is when they actually build it.  God demands a lot of attention to detail here!  Of course, they are building God's dwelling place here, so it better be good.  God is literally everywhere, but this place is special and is where His presence is more visibly seen.  This is also where the sacrifices were to be offered.  There are naturally a lot of rules about that place!

Exo 29:42  This shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD: where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.
Exo 29:43  And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory.
Exo 29:44  And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest's office.
Exo 29:45  And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.
Exo 29:46  And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God. 

1 comment: