Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just thinking

Over and over, Israel and Judah fall short of the expectations.  They willfully abandon God, who has done so much for them.  I'm struck by how much like them I can be.  I can leave church on Sunday feeling invigorated about my faith, and by Monday morning have found someone to think very ill of indeed on the road or at work.  God is first and foremost in my mind far less than He should be.  I think I'm probably not alone in this.

And yet He still sent Jesus for us, to serve as the perfect sacrifice.  With perfect justice, we have no hope of making it to Heaven.  We are not perfect as God is perfect.  We do not submit to our intended functions in life, and we sin.  With God's perfect mercy, there is a way, and His name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment