Thursday, April 14, 2011

Encouragement

I found great consolation this morning with a friend over breakfast and the Bible.  She reminded me we can't change the world, but we can change our corner of it.

Do you ever find it odd Jesus entrusted so much to Peter?  Peter, who denied Him so fully?  Sure, everyone else ran away, except John.  John was there for the whole thing, and he gets Jesus' mom.  But Peter gets a bigger job.  So then there's this fisherman and his friends after Pentecost changing their corner of the world.  2000 years later, I'm a part of a worldwide church with over a billion members claiming Peter as their first Pope and over two billion total Christians.  That little corner didn't stay small for long with God's power behind it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the exact same thing about Peter this Easter. Then I remembered how Peter died and how John died.

    ReplyDelete