Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I've been reading while neglecting my blog...

Wonderful post at Seraphic Singles.  I'm not even sure how to classify it, but she tags it under "Facts of Life" and "Sexuality."

Sometimes I think our age is floating on an oil slick of dreams over the ocean of reality.


Thanks to the extended adolescence of people in the West and the stultifying effects of political correctness, it is harder and harder to do this, but we must all be rooted in reality. Christians are mocked by a herd of horoscope-readers for believing the Gospel, but the Gospel is based in the historical realities of a community in relationship with Reality Himself. In order to live in correct relationship to Truth, we must be rooted in the truth. We must constantly demand of ourselves the truth. And one of the truths, the very hard truths, is that we are sinners and we screw up.

Over at NCR, we have the Three Temptations of Facebook (which also includes other social networking sites) by Jennifer Fulwiler of Conversion Diary, one of my favorite blogs to read.  On that blog, she's having a word by word analysis by guest bloggers on the Our Father.

But now I’d developed a habit of making sure that no opinion, no matter how ill-thought-out, inappropriate or pointless, went unannounced. In fact, I’d almost come to think of it as a duty, as if I had to form opinions about every single thing that crossed my path so that I could bless my social media friends with my commentary.

What Does the Prayer Really Say gets a read from me at least once a day.  Lately he's been commenting on the latest thing on the Latin Mass out of Rome, and it is really above my head.  But I like reading it, and he has pretty pictures.

Also on my daily reading list is Rural Revolution, which has stuff about farming and conservative family values with humor ALL IN ONE BLOG.  Cows are actually kind of fun to look at, especially the babies!

Finally, some more humor.  Simcha Fisher is preparing to welcome Child #9 into the world, and she has some snappy answers to your questions about her large family at NCR.  You can also check out her blog - I have to sit down.


Q: Don’t you have a TV?
A: If you think TV is better than sex, then you are doing it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment