Sunday, June 12, 2011

Books!

Here are two great books I've read in the last week:

Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
This book was a wonderful read.  While not all of the situations applied to me (fortunately), almost all of her stories clicked and reminded me of someone's story if not mine.   Beth Moore is absolutely hilarious when describing some things, and this book is no different.  Funny and serious all at the same time.  I will be reading it again, and recommend anything she writes for any woman.

Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line
This book, by Abby Johnson, is nothing short of amazing.  I cried and cried and cried at various points in her journey.  She tells how she really wanted to help women and that's how she ended up with Planned Parenthood.  That same love for women would put her on the other side of the fence eight years later.  I recommend this book to anyone considering the pro-life movement or remotely interested in that area.  It is incredibly compelling.



No comments:

Post a Comment