Friday, June 3, 2011

Proverbs 20

Pro 20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
Pro 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Pro 20:15 There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.
Pro 20:16 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger: and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
Pro 20:17 Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
Pro 20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.

Verse 14 is about what we do when we buy things. I did it this earlier this week. I found a tracking site that will tell me when the Kindle books on my Amazon wish list decrease in price. I signed them all up; it doesn’t matter how much they cost. So the book may be going for $1.99, but I don’t want to buy it until they knock $0.50 off of the cost. This has nothing to do with what is worth. Then I’ll probably brag about what a good deal I made. Of course the flip side to this is that it probably starts of priced more than it is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment