Saturday, August 13, 2011

Proverbs 24

Pro 24:28  Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips.
Pro 24:29  Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.
Pro 24:30  I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
Pro 24:31  And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
Pro 24:32  Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
Pro 24:33  Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
Pro 24:34  So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man. 



Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work. It is up to God to render to those according to their works; vengeance is not ours.

Verses 30-34 talk about those who refuse to work  Poverty comes slower to them now, with the government there to prop them up.  Eventually it will come, and probably to us all, on account of it.   God's word is just as valid today as when it was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment