Friday, September 2, 2011

Talents from God

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship. And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee
(Exo 31:1-6)

God has just told Moses how to build the Tabernacle and everything to go in it, including the Ark; as well as the proper garments for the priests.  After giving him these instructions, God tells Moses that God has given the talent to make all of this to various people.

Sometimes we think that knowledge from God is somehow limited to the tasks we consider religious.  Really, all talent for workmanship comes from God.  I look at things in a very logical matter, and I can problem solve extremely well.  I’m good at math.  These are all gifts from God for my use.  It is good to be thankful for the skills we have from God. 

It is okay to know we’re good at them!  All of our skills from God can be used to help others, so it is actually wise to know what we’re good at so we can better apply it.  Our skills combine with others to make the world work for God.

If we use our skills just for ourselves, or attempt to make the world work for ourselves, we run into problems.  Gifts from God can be easily turned into sins for us if we do not remain focused on God and His plan.  What are we doing today to use our skills from God for God?

No comments:

Post a Comment