Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello Fall

I keep disappearing.  What a bad blog author!  It was a busy week last week, as I started my Bible Studies class as well as helping with RCIA at church.

The Biblical Studies class was quite interesting once we got to discuss Exodus.  The instructor also brought up a lot of points regarding Moses as the author of the entirety of the first five books of the Bible, and I’m going to have to look into that more.  Aside from the details like that, the class was nice as the homework pushed me outside the thoughts I normally have on Exodus. 

Several of the questions made me think about the plight of the Egyptians to minorities and those persecuted throughout the ages.  While the times and tools may change, the motives and methods remain the same.  Some group wants power and wants what they want.  They find some other group to dehumanize and use.  It hasn’t really changed at all.

RCIA was also good, as I was able to meet with the small group I’ll be assisting this year.  They are all previously baptized and wishing to make a profession of faith to enter the Catholic Church, prior to being Confirmed.  I would ask you keep them in your prayers as they make this journey, especially given they have to make it with me!

I found this link regarding yesterday's Gospel readings and thought it interesting.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment