Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Suffering

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.  (Rom 8:18). 

I don't suffer much.  Oh sure, just like everybody else I have the normal range of emotions for a human, which can include pain or sadness.  But on the whole, I don't suffer much.  When I do though, I try my hardest to remember this verse.

Some people soldier on through their suffering with barely a glance.  Others may get depressed or angry or whine.  Some others may have a very healthy response.  When I suffer, I analyze.  That should come as no shock to anyone who can read the blog title, but I will research and evaluate and even graph, if possible, anything that is bugging me.  Ask the ENT who took out my tonsils - there was a graph involved.

I love this verse from Romans.  I can still graph my problem and research, but it does the best job of encouraging me.  When I'm done here, whatever I've gone through will be nothing next to the awesomeness of eternity with God.  No amount of human suffering can compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment