Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

2013 sounds like such an odd year.  Maybe it is the 13.  I don't know; just doesn't sound right!  Nonetheless, hopefully we are all ready for it.  I pray this year brings all of my readers closer to the Lord, as that is the most important.  Aside from that, I do truly hope you have a happy and fruitful year.

My resolutions for the year include praying more, reading more, and working out more.  I've actually done fairly well on all three in the last week, though the third one has been slow due to the holidays.

One thing on my mind as we enter 2013 is the HHS mandate regarding certain coverages many Christians believe to be immoral.  I'd like to recommend you go shopping at Hobby Lobby this week. 

Today Hobby Lobby announced that they will not comply with this mandate to become complicit in abortion, which the Greens believe ends an innocent human life. Given Hobby Lobby’s size (it has 572 stores employing more than 13,000 people), by violating the HHS Mandate, it will be subject to over $1.3 million in fines per day.
There's a cause I can support.  Facebook has the support Hobby Lobby day as this Saturday, January 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment