Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tribulations

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

There's apparently this thing called the prosperity gospel. I'm completely unfamiliar with it as it isn't taught in my church, but the basic idea is if we love God we'll have health and wealth. Nothing is further from the truth. In this life we will have trials and tribulations, there will be crosses to bear, and we will suffer. Jesus did not come to eliminate those problems, though of course we have peace through Him during this life. Those problems make sense and also can be useful with Jesus. But they don't go away. Jesus saves us from those problems for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment