Monday, September 9, 2013

Slow Down

I was off last week and made use of the various city parks and nature center.

I don't know if you can see them in the center, but I was just down the trail from what I would say was a deer and its baby.  I was MUCH closer to them but had to move to get out of the way of the runners using the trail.  They either didn't notice the deer or didn't care. 

This made me think.  We were at a nature center which exists so we can appreciate nature, but all the runners and speed walkers were hastily going through, iPods plugged in, ignoring all the nature.  I applaud their fitness endeavors, but what were they missing?

How often do we rush through life, pursuing some "important" thing or activity, and miss out on something amazing?  This planet, this life, exists for a purpose.  Is our focus elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment