Tuesday, December 31, 2013

God's Will and the Single Life

I don't often blog about the single life, but I do read about it on occasion. I've been reading The Catholic Girl's Survival Guide for the Single Yearsby Emily Stimpson. I really liked this quote:

The thing is, if God is calling you to a certain job or educational path, it will not get in the way of the husband. Following God’s will in one area can’t block God’s will in another. The missionary trip to China, the MA in theology, the nursing job in Boston—none of those are deal killers to marriage and babies if they (along with marriage and babies) are God’s will for you. In fact, they may be how you get to marriage and babies.

I've had a few suggest my career choices or my location or whatever else I'm doing limit my opportunities for finding a husband. That can be a scary thought, especially since in some cases I've honestly felt like I'm following God's will in making those decisions.

Here's the deal: if we are following God's will, then God's will won't be thwarted. Always seek God's will then, without fear of missing out on something else He has planned for you.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It's all about His plan. And if something would prevent His plan for you, it's probably not going to happen :-) Praying for you and all the beautiful Catholic single ladies out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Recently I've been feeling that marriage is never going to happen simply because of my location, but I have to remind myself that God is so much bigger than location! If He wants me covenanting with someone, He will make it happen! Thanks for this excellent reminder :)

    ReplyDelete