Thursday, January 9, 2014

Open Mind, Faithful Heart

I've been reading a free Kindle download from last week, Open Mind, Faithful Heart. It is a collection of meditations from Pope Francis before he was Pope Francis, and is very interesting!

I found this quote to be really relevant recently.

Without abandoning a realistic viewpoint, Christian communities should become centers of optimism where all the members resolutely endeavor to perceive the positive aspect of people and events.

He's talking to religious communities, but I find it applicable to the random laity like myself. I've recently been blessed with a new gift to better be able to see the positive in certain bad situations. Oh sure I always knew God could make the best out of a bad situation, but I've rarely considered what role we had to play in that.

One goal in 2014 is to try to follow this guidance, to try to find the positive in people and events, no matter how hard that may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment