Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Peace

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” ~ C.S. Lewis

I think most sane people desire peace.  We'd all like to lead lives free of conflict, personally and in the world at large.  I know I spend a lot of time worrying about suffering and trying to figure out ways to avoid it for both me and my loved ones.  Suffering is inevitable though, and while we do (and should) strive for peace, we know it will not be entirely possible in this world.  Yet we long for this peace that nothing in this world can quite satisfy perfectly.

Screen Shot 2014 06 16 at 8 13 31 PM
 
There is a place where peace is possible and a reality, however.  In Heaven, we will be free from disturbances and have tranquility.  We will be free from war and violence.  I try to remember this when faced with suffering.
 
I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. ~Romans 8:18

No comments:

Post a Comment